The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) has granted permission for a special Joint Inquiry Team (JIT) to look into the shooting incident on May 9. The team has started an investigation on PTI Chairman Imran Khan, who is presently incarcerated, with ATC approval.
- Authorization and Inquiry Commencement:
- The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) granted permission for a special Joint Inquiry Team (JIT) to investigate the May 9 shooting incident.
- Imran Khan, imprisoned PTI Chairman, is being questioned in connection with sedition and anti-terrorist offenses.
- High-ranking police personnel from the investigation team visited Attock Jail to start the investigation.
- Additional Charges and Interrogation:
- Imran Khan was questioned about new offenses specified in FIRs under sections 121, 131, and 146 of the Pakistan Penal Code.
- Further interviews conducted regarding offenses under Sections 120, 120-A, 120-B, 121-A, 505, 153, 153-A, 153-B, and 107 of the Pakistan Penal Code.
- Specific incidents investigated include attacks on Askari Tower, Shadman Police Station, torching of PMLN buildings in Model Town, and inquiries related to the corps commander’s residence.
- Demonstration and Interference:
- The JIT team encountered a mob protesting against high electricity costs while arriving at Attock Jail.
- The demonstration lasted for more than an hour before the team decided to start their investigation.
An important step is the formation of a special Joint Inquiry Team (JIT) to look into the gunshot incident on May 9 that involved PTI Chairman Imran Khan. The team’s authorization by the anti-terrorism court (ATC) and the subsequent interrogation process, encompassing new charges and previous offenses, are discussed.