The Asia Cup 2023 Super 4 matches have encountered a significant hurdle due to inclement weather in Colombo, the designated venue for these games.
In the competition, Pakistan defeated Bangladesh with a resounding victory. However, if adverse weather persists, leading to the cancellation of other Super 4 matches, Pakistan could advance to the final with four points.
In a scenario where multiple games are called off, Sri Lanka and India might find themselves with identical points and Net Run Rates. In such an event, an unconventional method will be employed to determine who earns the coveted spot in the final: a coin toss. Which team gets the honor of vying for the championship title will depend on the outcome of this coin toss.
The highly-anticipated clash between arch-rivals India and Pakistan is scheduled for September 10 at Colombo’s R Premadasa Stadium, followed by India’s encounter with Sri Lanka two days later at the same venue. In a crucial encounter on September 13, Sri Lanka will square off against Pakistan in Colombo, and on September 15, India will play Bangladesh to wrap off the Super 4 stage.
The two top-performing teams in the Super 4 stage will vie for the championship in the final, set to be held on Sunday, September 17, at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.
Schedule Up Till Now:
- September 6: Pakistan vs. Bangladesh, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, 2:30pm local (Pakistan Won)
- September 9: Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh, R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, 3pm local (Happening Now)
- September 10: Pakistan vs. India, R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, 3pm local
- September 12: India vs. Sri Lanka, R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, 3pm local
- September 14: Pakistan vs. Sri Lanka, R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, 3pm local
- September 15: India vs. Bangladesh, R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, 3pm local
The final showdown will take place on September 17 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, featuring the top-performing teams from the Super 4 stage.